Everyday Territorians are leading the renewable revolution—rooftop by rooftop—to cut bills, take energy generation back into our own hands, create solar jobs, and create a healthier, better life for everyone.
Join the movement by becoming a Repower NT Champion and help us advocate for renewable energy in the NT.
Our main volunteering opportunity is staffing our weekly market stalls around Darwin but if you have other ideas for how you'd like to contribute, let us know! You will receive full support and training, and it's a great way to make friends, as well as make a positive impact.
To register your interest simply fill out the form and our manager will be in touch shortly.
Tips for talking about renewables
As a Repower NT Champion, you'll be out and about at community events talking to lots of different types of people about renewables. Here are our tips for having impactful conversations.
- Before your shift, read our Repower NT Champions Guide
- Bring a bottle of water, wear a hat, arrive 5 minutes early
Clarify with the co-ordinator about the goal or intention of the day's activity
- A warm, engaged and relaxed manner works best
- Good openers: "Good morning! How are you?" "Hi! Here's how to vote for renewable jobs"
Don't argue. Aim for a short, respectful and factual conversation. Don't get caught up in long debates
Collect data: encourage people to join our mailing list. Record people's views. Take notes. It's invaluable!
- Train the volunteer replacing you
- At market stalls: Listen first, ask second, tell third. Voter interaction is just as much about understanding voters (their needs, their motivations, the values and the psychology behind their choices) as it is about campaigning