Everyday Territorians are leading the renewable revolution—rooftop by rooftop—to cut bills, take energy generation back into our own hands, create solar jobs, and create a healthier, better life for everyone.
Become a Repower NT Champion and advocate for renewable energy in the NT.
Volunteer at our Rapid Creek Market Stall: help us talk to shoppers at Rapid Creek over the next three Sundays (Feb 9, 16 & 23). Register for a Sunday 8-11am or 10-1pm shift
Volunteer at the Environment Centre NT office: help us call our supporters to invite them to become Repower NT Champions
To register your interest in these volunteer opportunities, simply fill out the form.
Tips for talking about renewables
As a Repower NT Champion, you'll be out and about at community events talking to lots of different types of people about renewables. Here are our tips for having impactful conversations.
- Before your shift, read our Repower NT Champions Guide
- Bring a bottle of water, wear a hat, arrive 5 minutes early
Clarify with the co-ordinator about the goal or intention of the day's activity
- A warm, engaged and relaxed manner works best
- Good openers: "Good morning! How are you?" "Hi! Here's how to vote for renewable jobs"
Don't argue. Aim for a short, respectful and factual conversation. Don't get caught up in long debates
Collect data: encourage people to join our mailing list. Record people's views. Take notes. It's invaluable!
- Train the volunteer replacing you
- At market stalls: Listen first, ask second, tell third. Voter interaction is just as much about understanding voters (their needs, their motivations, the values and the psychology behind their choices) as it is about campaigning