East Point Nature Reserve: Protection and Planning Issues webinar
THURSDAY 18 JUN 2020 | 5:30PM - 6:45PM
Recently, our local community has strongly voiced their opposition to potential development in the very special East Point Nature Reserve. Join us for an webinar where we take a look at what makes East Point Nature Reserve so special, why we value it as a culturally significant site and a place for threatened species to thrive, how it is under threat and how you can join us in taking action locally to ensure this site and others in Darwin remain protected and open for public use.
With a fantastic line-up of local experts you'll hear from:
- Shar Molloy, Director of the Environment Centre NT
- Amanda Lilleyman, Top End shorebird researcher
- Graeme Sawyer, former Lord Mayor of Darwin and active goanna and cane toad researcher in the area
Gavin O'Brien, migratory bird counter at East Point
- Helen Haritos, Chairperson of Friends of East Point Inc since 2009 aka Breezeway Landcare Group established since 2007. Community representative on several Plan of Management for East Point
- Geoff Martin, atlas moth expert
Register for the zoom link to be emailed to you.
Zoom webinar WHERE
Lou De Mattia